Re: [IPk] Urine testing for kidney function - children/adolescents

Melissa
I have noted uremic breath on occasion with Grace.

 I brought it up at visits and the first time was told I must have been
mistaken, that i was just mixing it with ketotic breath!.
 After 18months with my husband on dialysis. Unfortunately,  I know uremic
breath! ( though I'm not so sure how to spell it! :O)
Somehow that was just dismissed and I let her as I was looking for other
help
!
The next visit I brought it up with a different Doc. I got a comment that
kidney disease is extremely rare in children. I asked for a 24 hr urine and
was told "it wouldn't need that". yet nothing else was offered.

I know kids can get it with stress. the other day I noted it . Grace had had
a lovely day and was full of the joys. I emailed my DSN but rarely get a
reply and none so far,
I've checked Grace's breath randomly since and it wasn't there. Though this
morning it was like rotten meat. Grace eats very little meat and is
virtually veggie.

Any ideas?

Thanks a mill
Mir
Mum to Grace 7yrs pumping 19mths
p.s. I'm just reminded of the common sense you gave me when I was in melt
down waiting for the pump and what a help it was. There are a few key people
that I will always have a special sense of gratitude to.... thanks Melissa
:O))