RE: [IPk] Re: Coeliac question

Hi Kirsty

Good to hear that Sophie probably isn't anaemic after all.  If Sophie goes GF
and then back to eating gluten for the tests,she probably needs to eat gluten
for about 6 weeks before hand.  At least the equivalent to several slices of
bread a day.  There is more info on Coeliac UK about this if you need it.

Let us know what happens.

Jackie

> Hi
>
> Thank you Jackie and Elizabeth for your advice..much appreciated! My G.P
> rang me yesterday to say that Sophie isn't anaemic..he had been
> comparing her
> levels with a normal adult range! However I still suspect she has coeliacs
> disease and will be trying a gluten free diet for a few weeks in the summer
>  holidays. If Sophie shows an improvement then I will be asking for the tests
> that
> you mentioned  (after starting again on Gluten!).
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Kirsty
> T1 33yrs (pumping 3.5yrs)
> .

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0623-1, 06/06/2006
Tested on: 07/06/2006 22:57:39