RE: [IPk] Urine testing for kidney function

Hi Di

Don't want to be alarmist but the real problem with the dipstick test is if
your kidneys are inconsistent. For years I had negative dipstick tests then
I had an appointment first thing in the morning - dip stick test showed
proteinuria. I then had a 24 hour collection done and this again showed
proteinuria.

Subsequent dipstick tests done in the afternoon have all been negative but a
test done by my local hospital (again first thing in the morning) showed
proteinuria. The conclusion drawn was that my kidneys leak protein over
night but for some unknown reason don't during the day - could be due to the
fact that I have labile blood pressure?

Adrian