RE: [IPk] Urine testing for kidney function - children/adolescents

Marion, I never mind you asking anything! Don't be silly ;)

Here are just a couple of links regarding kidney function testing of
children and adolescents with diabetes. They might be all you need at the
moment, certainly if you want more info I can help you find some.

http://tinyurl.com/s2f7a

ISPAD guidelines:
http://www.diabetesguidelines.com/health/dwk/pro/guidelines/ispad/16_04.asp
highlight: Recommendation of age for microalbumin screening
Prepubertal onset of diabetes: 5 years after onset or at age 11 years, or at
puberty (whichever is earlier), and annually thereafter
Pubertal onset of diabetes: 2 years after onset, and annually thereafter

If you feel your team might not take seriously your concerns regarding
Alex's kidneys, feel free to print off the ISPAD document and take it to
them. Any diabetologist or DSN ought to have a strong case prepared if he or
she wishes to object to an ISPAD consensus document.

Melissa
Type 1 13 years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 2 years 5 months