Re: [IPk] Lack of urine

hi June,

 you can weigh yourself and see if you are gaining weight (fluid). also check
your feet, hands and face for puffiness which is oedema (fluid buildup). if you
aren't peeing much, you might have fluid retention. it can also vary with time
of the month (if this is relevant to you). people with declining renal function
can experience either anuria (no pee) OR peeing often. those with anuria will
gain 3kg or so between haemodialysis.

 you could do a test. collect your pee in a cup and measure the volume out (use
a measuring jug then tip the pee away!) each 24 hours say for two days, and log
your fluid intake and output too. around 500ml is lost per day in breath,
sweating and poo. more if it is a hot day or you exercise a lot. the rest of
your intake should should come out as pee. e.g. 3L intake - 500ml losses = 2.5
litres pee per day.

maybe you just do three giant pees per day?  good bladder control!

good luck,
Cat.