[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #506- A coeliac question

Hi

I know this is off topic, but I noticed a few of you either had coeliacs
 disease/ parents of a child with it and I wondered if I could ask a question?
My
daughter has just had a blood test to check for coeliacs disease (my husband
was  diagnosed this year) as she has been showing signs of it.  The test has
come back negative, but her iron levels are low and our G.P wants to start her
 on medication to correct her levels (Sophie is almost 5yrs old). Is it
 possible to have a false negative test for coeliacs disease? Now that she has
had
a  negative test is it possible she may develop it later on? I do not know why
she  has low iron levels and thought this in itself was suggestive of
coeliacs  disease?

Any advice/suggestions are gratefully accepted.

Kirsty
Type 1 33yrs (pumping 3.5yr)