RE: [IPk] Carb count books

Kate

 I have a copy of this book that was given to me at a Disetronic/Roche demo. Its
very good for a new pumper, but maybe not detailed enough for someone who had
been carb counting and pumping for a while.  The copy I have is a slim paper
 back version 72 pages long. So not a big book published in 2002. Worth getting
 if you are a new pumper or thinking about a pump. There are chapters on testing
basal rates etc.  As I said, its not a large book in fact on the back it calls
 itself a booklet rather than a book. It depends how much it costs really. I got
mine free and I was very grateful and it was useful before and when Sasha just
started pumping.  The guides for average portions for eating out etc, are not
really any good for us as Sasha is coeliac and therefore a lot of the
meals/snacks "given" aren't one that Sasha can eat.  Never the less we do use
the book from time to time

> Hi all,
>
>  Given a couple of people mentioned carb counting books, I thought I might
> invest in one (at the moment I just use labels and sometimes the booklet they
> give you on the DAfNE course).
>
 > Has anyone used "Carbohydrate Counting Guide: Combining Food Flexibility with
> Optimum Diabetes Control on an Insulin Pump" by Jo Sutton (a dietician and
> diabetic) which I found on Amazon. There are no reviews on the site but it
> sounds good. Perhaps this might be good for new pumpers (like me!),
> as it gives
> advice on techniques as well as carb values.
>
> Any views on this or other good books?
> .

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0623-0, 05/06/2006
Tested on: 05/06/2006 22:55:32