[IPk] Re: bubbles survey

Pat,
you're quite right - in doing any sort of meaningful survery, it would be
important to rule out the possibility of apparently seeing the highest rate of
bubble problems with whichever pump is the most common.
So, start again - for my little piece of research, would people (including
those who already replied to the list, but without these details) please send
 me (best off the list, to my other email address, email @ redacted) the
following information:
Regarding any pump you use or have used:
1. which pump (state if pre-filled cartridges)
2. how long did you use it for
3. which insulin(s) did you use with it (just in case this could make a
difference)
4. did you experience bubble problems never, rarely (i.e. less than once a
 month on average), occasionally (1-2 times a month on average), frequently (3-4
times a month on average), very frequently (1-2 times a week or more).

I am trying to make this at least a little bit 'scientific' and to avoid a
situation where one person's 'rarely' is the same as someone else's 'very
frequently' - if anyone would like to suggest alternative ways of quantifying
this, I'd be happy to hear.

I don't think I will be able to use descriptions of clever techniques for
avoiding bubbles in the initial analysis of the data, so don't feel that you
can't respond because you don't have time to write a long description. In the
event that there seems to be any new and interesting information, maybe we
 could do a second part of the survey which would include techniques that people
 use, and their possible contribution to avoiding bubbles, and I would certainly
be happy to summarize any such information at a later stage.

Nanette