Re: [IPk] bubbles bubbles bubbles!!!

Hi Pat (et al) I tend to pressurise the insulin bottle and let the insulin
be forced into the cylinder by the air pressure rather than try to draw the
insulin in. Having below atmospheric pressure in the bottle will not help at
all, but make it harder to get rid of the bubbles you always get when
drawing (pulling) the insulin out of the bottle.

Once the cylinder is full you will have a bubble because of the dead space.
With positive pressure in the insulin bottle the bubbles will be forced to
the top of the bottle because they are lighter than the liquid insulin. This
is density not pressure. At this point flicking the side of the cylinder and
squeezing the piston all the way back to the top a few times normally works
really well. The rubber seal on the bottle functions as a pressure gauge in
a loose sense.