[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #501-To Janice

Hello Janice

I got my pump when I was 4 months pregnant with Henry (now 3yrs). I was  very
determined to wear my pump during labour as I didn't want to hand my  control
over to anyone else! My consultant was a bit unsure, as I was the first
 diabetic to have a pump in our hospital..let alone go into labour with one. We
agreed on a compromise where I could wear the pump until I had any analgesia
(incl gas & air) and then I would have to go onto a sliding scale.

It's a long story and I'm happy to share it with you, if you want to  e-mail
me off site. Probably too long for this site! (email @ redacted
(mailto:email @ redacted) ).

Take care

Kirsty
T1 33yrs (pumping 3.5yr)
Mum to Sophie (nearly 5) and Henry (3yr)