[IPk] To Marion

Hi Marion

 I think I'm a "well adjusted" adult (others might disagree!) but I still wish I
could have the odd 2 weeks off of diabetes!

 The way my parents helped me cope was to allow me to do the "normal" things
like cake at parties, coke in the pub, etc, and to learn together how to deal
with them properly. I never really went through a teenage rebellion so maybe
that's why.

HTH

Lesley
Diagnosed aged 2, now 39

Marion wrote:

Thanks Kirsty,

Do you think most kids have a rebellious period?  Alex has had diabetes
a long time and I can see her wishing just for a while that it would
just disappear, she is a mature young lady but a normal child who would
love to just be like everyone else.

Any tips for helping us or her cope during these difficult times should
they occur?

Marion