RE: [IPk] coeliac

Hi Gemma

I know that having coeliac isn't good news, but we were having such
unpredictable hypos that took a long time to reverse that things were so much
better on the gluten free diet.

I hope you will stop having the scary hypos when you are driving.  There was a
 noticeable difference in Sasha's blood glucose levels within 4 weeks. Very soon
you will probably find that you will have to change your basal patterns and
bolus more insulin with meals.  You may even find that you need to bolus 10-15
minutes before breakfast (if you have cereal /GF toast) otherwise you will be
spiking up high.  Though for people who may have had coeliac for some time it
may take months or so before the gut has healed.

Kind Regards

Jackie Jacombs mum of Sasha aged 12, diagnosed 1999, twin sister Rebecca both
coeliac, two older girls, Nicki and Danni, husband Terry

> Hi
> i wanted to thank you allin this website who gave me information about
> coeliac. I have been diagnosed with it now, one of the scans was very
> positive! I have started my new diet now and it seems easy so far, although
> I still have to do lots of reading!
> It is like a new project! I am happy I have been diagnosed as my sugar
> levels are much better now and I don't feel that horrible sickness!
> Gema
>
> >From: "Jackie Jacombs" <email @ redacted>
> >To: <email @ redacted>
> >Subject: RE: [IPk] hypos recovery time
> >Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:22:30 +0100
> >
> >Hi Brian
> >

> contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0622-2, 31/05/2006
Tested on: 01/06/2006 15:31:41