Re: [IPk] Bad Hypo 999

Hi Melissa

Glucogen can be given subcutaneously or intra-muscular. I prefer the
subcutaneous route, as I found the intra-muscular route can be a bit painful.

The reason for the size of the needle is in part to allow intra-muscular
injections but also to allow the "mixture" to flow out of the syringe with
relative ease. Finer needles could lead to a blockage if the powder and the
water have been mixed together properly.

Kind regards

>Hi Jackie,
>How awful not only for you and Sasha, but for your whole family. I can
>think of only two things to say:
>--Glucagon comes with that awful needle because it is intended to be
>injected straight into muscle, not into subcutaneous fatty tissue as is

Diabetes Insight
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions