Re: [IPk] Bad Hypo 999

In a message dated 6/29/2003 5:25:49 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Sasha could have still had such a terrible hypo if she'd been on a pump.
> The key to preventing bad hypos during extended exercise is to test
> frequently. If she wants to do the gym class again, testing every 20-30
> minutes, with a bottle of Lucozade on-hand from which she could take a few
> sips at a time in case she's below 5 at any point, might be a good tactic.
Hi Jackie, and Melissa,

Melissa - agree with your point, but Sasha seems to be having very irregular
tailoring that pumping can provide as opposed to "blunderbuss" doses).

I believe that taking part in classes like this is something that kids should
be able to do as a right, not a luxury - particularly in these days of "couch
potato" kids who will almost certainly have health problems as adults.
 Jackie, this would give ammunition to your arguments for a pump for Sasha :-
she is
carrying out "normal activities" but has needed third party intervention;
 also (if I recall correctly) her HbA1cs are OK but she is having big bg swings.
Have you tried glargine? - this will crop up, if it hasn't already...

Best wishes,

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 heading towards 3 yrs and loving it...