Re: [IPk] Feet

In a message dated 6/24/2003 9:10:56 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Does
> anyone else on here have similar trouble? and is it common in diabetes? I've
> had
> diabetes for 28 years and am aged 39.
Hi Julian,

I have been getting similar sensations in my feet for several months and as I
have other complications I have assumed it was due to neuropathy. I'm seeing
consultant next week so we'll see (very hard to self-test! - and diagnose!
 and neither recommended...:) . No problems with wobbly legs myself, but wasting
particularly of upper leg muscles is well known to occur in diabetics, and as
you already have neuropathy that's a possibility.  Yo obviously shouldn't
rule out the spinal problems as a possible cause.  I'm of a similar age to you
 (43) and similar duration (32 yrs since symptoms) so would be particularly
to exchange thoughts/ideas/experiences.

Best wishes,