Re: [IPk] Surgery - BG's and Stress

Hi Di

I guess my body was stressed, although my Blood Pressure and heart rate
were lower than normal. My BG's can go either way depending on the type of
stress or I should say the situations causing the stress but they usually
go down.

When my BGS are around the 3.0 mark I would normally have a very small
snack and turn the basal rate down to 60% or 70% of normal for an hour and
that is usually sufficient to bring them back up to 7 to 9.

As I was a bit on the low side an hour before and although I had a
reasonable snack, I cranked the basal rate right down to make sure I didn't
have a hypo during the op.

Steve