[IPk] Surgery - BG's and Stress

Hi All

I have just come back from day surgery, to have some very minor lumps
removed under local anesthetic - all very minor stuff.

Arrived at the hospital, checked in and then my measured BG, which was 3.7,
so had something to eat and I then turned the basal rate down to 20% of
normal - so a fairly significant reduction. Had to sit around for about an
hour and the op lasted about 30 minutes.

Came out checked my BG and it was down to 2.5, which I couldn't believe.
Such a significant reduction in my basal rates should have put my in the
low 10's or higher, particularly as I was sat around for an hour doing nothing.

I didn't think I was stressed, it was all pretty routine stuff and I wasn't
worried about the op or the outcome. The hospital staff were all very good,
friendly with a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere and they knew about
diabetes but not to much about pumps but that wasn't a problem - as they
said carry on as normal.

So I guess I must have been more stressed/worried/something to have kept my
BG' so low - strange.

Diabetes Insight
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions