RE: [IPk] high BGs, ketones etc very long

Mary et al,

FWIW one of the 4 batches if humalog I tried when attempting to reduce my
recent hyperglycemia I returned to the pharmacist who returned it to Lilly
who sent it back to France (place of manufacture) for testing.  This was a
few weeks ago and no reply back yet.

In case anyone is thinking of going this route, a word of warning:  Lilly
will phone you and ask for detailed medical history virtually asking how
often you cut your toenails to give them an out by saying drug interaction.
As I pointed out the illogicality of that in my case since humalog had
worked for 5 years witj no change in meds for 2 years!!!

Rhoda Martin

Thanks, a very important point since a number of pumpers have had similar
 problems which seem to have been happening at around the same time. The
 batch I have been using for the last few weeks (obtained in May 2003) is
due to
expire in September 2003...

However, I have had multiple similar episodes, which occur irregularly and
for which I can't see any pattern, since I started pumping. If anyone else
experiencing anything which doesn't seem to be a "one-off" then I'd love to