Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #431 - high BG's

email @ redacted writes:

> It is not merely the presence of ketones that is the problem, but WHY
> the ketones are present.  In an uncontrolled diabetic in DKA they are
> caused by a series of events that signal a big problem.  A person in
> BDK doesn't have the other events occuring, (high BGs etc.).
Another point: DKA can have extremely unpleasant symptoms...in my experience
I am unwell and practically crippled (my legs won't work! - do others find
this?) with even the lowest level of urinary ketones (I appreciate that blood
testing is more accurate but I don't have that yet).

There may well be pumpers on this list who are dieting and/or exercising so
that they are losing weight, and in particular are using Atkins' and other low
carb diets.  May well be worth thinking about the combination of BDK and