From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Katharine Bock
Sent: 19 June 2003 10:19
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] high BGs, ketones etc very long

Hello

Having had several episodes recently of bgs going into the 20s with
ketones and feeling absolutely awful I can sympathise.  It always lasts
2-3 days.  Each time changing insulin, site, injections by syringe has no
effect.  During the last time this happened on the worst day I took 90
units of insulin compared with my usual 35-40.  No idea why this happens
although i suspect it's not to do with the mechanics of the pump or site
but some sort of temporary resistance to insulin.  Fighting off a virus?
Stress?  raging hormones - who knows?

Katharine