Re: [IPk] heat and pumps

Hi Abi,

I've had similar experiences in very hot weather years ago with injected
 insulin, but not since going on the pump. I've been in temperatures of over 40
C for long periods since then without any problem.  As the earlier problems
were reproduced if I did things like have a hot shower after a bolus, and the
same can still happen if I have a site that doesn't absorb very well, I think
that in my case at least it's due to better absorption.

If you're going on holiday to a location where high temperatures are expected
(and constant), it might be worth lowering your basals for that period.