Re: [IPk] high BGs, ketones etc very long

Having had several episodes recently of bgs going into the 20s with
ketones and feeling absolutely awful I can sympathise.  It always lasts
2-3 days.  Each time changing insulin, site, injections by syringe has no
effect.  During the last time this happened on the worst day I took 90
units of insulin compared with my usual 35-40.  No idea why this happens
although i suspect it's not to do with the mechanics of the pump or site
but some sort of temporary resistance to insulin.  Fighting off a virus?
Stress?  raging hormones - who knows?

Protect your PC from e-mail viruses. Get MSN 8 today.