[IPk] Freestyle meters

Can these meters really be the same ones that were 200 pounds when first
advertised? I first saw them at a diabetes study dayand was tempted to buy
one but thought twice when I saw the price. I am interested in trying to
find a Meter as reliable as my Lifescan One Touch Profile. I trust its
accuracy and all the info it retains ie can record boluses and carbs and
events etc. Have tried the One touch Ultra but not enough info and I seem to
get great variations in results. Have just been sent an Accuchek advantage
but not sure if I would keep it as my sole meter as it does not seem to have
enough functions. There is a new one touch machine in America apparently
which is to be marketed here in the autumn to replace the Profile I wonder
if this will be as good ?  I think I might try the Freestyle now its cheaper
I am sure my GP will protest at all the different strips I keep asking for!!
Type 1 >40yrs minimed 508 2yrs 7 months