Re: [IPk] musing on diet [long]

Hi Nanette

I don't think I have the very stringent sensitivity you do, but I
definitely have to up my boluses by about 30% if my BGs are over 10 and I
plan to eat anything with carbs. It's a right pain, in my opinion. If I eat
low or no-carb foods, I can keep my BGs absolutely perfect, but I am loathe
to do this as carbs are needed to replenish glycogen stores - so I just try
and cope the best I can whilst still eating carbs (and *always* with
protein or fat to delay/modify the spike). I tend to be insulin sensitive
anyway, I only use 22-25units/day when eating carbs, between 12 and 14 if
not, and my "supposed requirement" is a baseline of 36 units.

I guess "doing the best you can" is all any of us can expect!