Re: [IPk] flying again

Hi Nanette
I've flown extensively and particularly to the US in the last few years, and
my experience is DON'T TELL THEM ANYTHING UNLESS THEY ASK.
If your pump sets off the alarm, then say "oh, it's my insulin pump" and in
most cases they will say "fine" or at worst "please take it off" - at which
you politely comply and put it in the box to go through the machine, or hand
it to them for inspection. Tip - make sure you can easily detach the pump :-)
best not to wear the pump somewhere very obscure or they will be a lot more
suspicious! Don't even bother telling them in advance you have sharps (I
always carry a spare syringe in my hand luggage, have never told them and
have never been asked. If they find sharps then you say "sorry, but I have
diabetes and I need this equipment with me on the flight, otherwise I could
go into a coma and then you'd have to do an emergency landing to save my
life", at which point they will most likely comply with your wishes!

Same as Jenny, I put sharps in an empty container (old film canister is good
for the needles off infusion sets).
Have a good trip!
Di