Re: [IPk] flying again

I have heard (probably from somebody on this list!)
that "official" letters are not taken that seriously,
being easy to forge. What I do is carry my 3ml Humalog
bottle in its box with the prescription sticker on. I
reckon this is probably as good a proof that you can
get of being diabetic.

I have flown regularly in the last couple of years,
including journeys within the US, and not had any
problems. My pump has never set off any alarms and
have not had difficulty with security when they search
my hand luggage.

Regarding sharp disposal, I would tend to put them in
an empty water or shampoo bottle and then straight in
the hotel bin. If I don't have a container handy then
I will carry them around in my Humalog box until I get

Hope this helps (though I know that people have had
very different experiences with airports!)

Do you Yahoo!?