[IPk] flying again

For me, it's the travelling season again. I have a gruelling trip
coming up in 10 days time to the US for a conference, and then to go
around looking at some scanners. I have a total of 4 internal flights
within the US, in addition to the flights to and from there - based on
previous experience it is the internal flights which worry me more
(from the point of view of security checks and diabetes equipment).

Has anyone flown recently in the US, and had problems with pump and
pump supplies? I have the obvious letter from my doctor on nice
official hospital stationery stating that I am a diabetic etc, and have
to keep the supplies with me at all times.

Also, a question that bothers me every time I travel, what is the best
way to dispose of sharps when staying in foreign parts, in hotels etc??