From: email @ redacted
Date: Monday, June 09, 2003 20:59:03
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Freestyle meters was RE: [IPk] sickness and playing with basals

Hi ainie

I thought I might try and get a Freestyle from our clinic to test on arm and
legs. Sasha has a Medisense
Softsense but we have so many errors of "not enough blood" that we have
stopped
using it. Recently we
got a One Touch Ultra that I find is really good and accurate but although I
can get it to work on MY arm
I just cannot get enough blood from Sasha arm to test. Do you find you can
get
enough blood from your
son when you use it on alternative sites to fingers?

Jackie
Mum of Sasha aged 9
Now on MDI

> i wonder if you know there are glucometers that allow use of blood
fromsites
> other than fingers such as arms and legs.i use the freestyle meter from
> therasense for my 6 yr old diabetic son. it requires only 0.3 microlitres
of
> blood which very tiny. just thought it might help your sore fingers. all
the
> best.
> ainie
>

> >From: email @ redacted
> >To: email @ redacted, email @ redacted
> >Subject: [IPk] sickness and playing with basals
> >Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:36:58 +0100 (BST)
> >
> >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions.
> >Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is
> >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest
> >of the diabetes community. Please visit:
> >
> > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> >
> > > from: ip-uk-digest <email @ redacted>
> > > date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:57:18
> > > to: email @ redacted

IMSTP.gif]

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of
BackGrnd.jpg]