Re: [IPk] Lazer Treatment

Hi Julian

I didn't answer your original post because my laser was so long ago
(1985-6) and in a completely different country... but I had laser both with
and without the block (injection to the back of the eye). I found that as I
had more and more laser (I had weekly treatments, about 90mins each time,
for 9mths. Yep, my eyes were a mess) and more scarring occurred, the laser
hurt more (especially near the optic nerve), so went to the injections.

The only problem I had with them was 1. It was a very large needle and
rather intimidating; 2. I had to wear an eyepatch for some hours
afterwards, and had no depth perception for about 12hours, and 3. The doc
missed the muscle and hit a vein one day, and I paid $104 for a black eye!
(One of my work colleagues said he woulda done it for free :) ).

However, the point of my post here is .. since that laser, I have had ZERO
further retinopathy problems, and in fact my last visit to my
ophthalmologist (2weeks ago) confirmed that my vision has actually improved
in one eye since my last visit 6mths ago (but I have been trying harder to
maintain control, too, and I'm sure that's been a huge factor)!

I'm sure you'll be fine. Them thar docs surely iz clever :)