Re: [IPk] Carpal tunnel

> Was your hand surgery for carpal tunnel?

Hi Melissa,

     Yes it was CTS I have this in both hands pretty bad and trigger finger
in both hands.
     So they have done the TF in my left and CTS in right, they were very
reluctant to do both hands together, but as its taken 18 months to get this
far, i was very determind to get as much done as possible.
     The pain block was done in the palm of both hands, I had to be awake as
I'm too high risk to put to sleep, I dont like to put you off but it was
HELL, and I wouldn't recommend it.I now have to go back on the waiting list
to get the same ops on the opposite hands, I did ask about how common these
procedures wer in type 1 and was told CTS is more common and TF in type 1.
     I am in a lot of pain now even on pain killers and don't seem to have
much feeling in one of my thumbs.
     I'm off to Euro Disney on Tuesday so should be fun especially as I wear
a neck brace for Cervical Spinal Disease, I wonder what the French will make
of me?

Best regards
Dave :-(