[IPk] Food

I find that when I go hypo, especially when I pick up on it relatively late,
that I will eat my whole fridge in one sitting if I don't control myself!

Seriously..... the strong feeling of hunger during a hypo, and consequent
eating far too much and going hyper (and then not wanting too bolus as
insulin sensitivity can be very high) is a serious issue for those of us who
find it difficult to control their eating.  This adds to my 'peaks and
troughs' BG syndrome which I am trying to smooth.

On the subject of food - I read recently that eating a piece of fruit before
a meal can help stop over-eating on fats and carbohydrates.  I am trying to
cut down on Carbohydrates (as I eat a great deal each day, or that is how it
feels - UI thinka legacy of being on far too much insulin on MDI).  Has
anyone found this to be a useful technique??

I am also very interested in how this group calculates bolus doses for
protein.  I tend to factor about half the amount of insulin that I use for
carbohydrates per weight for beef/chicken/bacon but would be interested to
hear how people deal with eggs/fish??

(pumping for 4 months, lots too learn about nutrition)

Chocolate is wonderful stuff, but is best enjoyed with a normal blood
glucose level. I wonder how many diabetics delight in being hypo because
it 'means they can eat chocolate'!