Re: [IPk] How Stupid can you get???

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>I've just done something really stupid.  I had a Mcdonalds totalling 90g of
>carbs.  At this time of day that would mean taking 12 units of insulin.  I took
>six when I started and I forgot about the other until just now (about 90 mins
>later) I put the additional six units in.  Then I took my blood expecting it to
>be real high.  in fact it was a perfect 6.1.  Does Mcdonalds type stuff take a
>while to go through the system and things should be ok or should I eatr some
>more carbs?  I'll take my blood every half hour fora couple of hours to be safe.
>What a fool I am :)  maybe this is a lesson learned.  Check before correcting!!!

Well, they say that, normal food in normal people doesn't peak for 120
mins - so ... maybe you've got a slow gut and slow insulin absorbtion -
so with you both peak at three hours rather than 2?

On the other hand, burgers are notoriously low in carbohydrates, so that
90g could be coming very slowly ...

Or it could just be happenstance.

Do you eat Mcdonalds type stuff often?  If you do, it's worth an
experiment ...

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, thinks she'd have perfect bgs most of the time, if it
weren't for the operator errors!
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)