[IPk] How Stupid can you get???

I've just done something really stupid.  I had a Mcdonalds totalling 90g of carbs.  At this time of day that would mean taking 12 units of insulin.  I took six when I started and I forgot about the other until just now (about 90 mins later) I put the additional six units in.  Then I took my blood expecting it to be real high.  in fact it was a perfect 6.1.  Does Mcdonalds type stuff take a while to go through the system and things should be ok or should I eatr some more carbs?  I'll take my blood every half hour fora couple of hours to be safe.  What a fool I am :)  maybe this is a lesson learned.  Check before correcting!!!