Re: [IPk] Insulin Guide

>Has everyone got the Balance magazine from Diabetes UK?  It's just that it's
>got a pull-out insulin guide which shows all the insulins available in the UK
>along with their peaks and durations.

Hi Barbara -

I haven't seen a recent Balance with an insulin guide, but I can tell you
this: we are all different, and every day can be different, and the peak
time for an insulin will not be your peak time, nor will it be my peak
time. It will be the average of everyone's peak time... and so often I have
seen healthcare professionals look at the charts and say "oh, it peaks from
4 to 6 hours" and I say "well, it peaks much later than that in me". And of
course it varies from day to day, and depends on where you inject it.

I don't envy these honest people who try to make simple charts of the
complex action of drugs :-)

mailto:email @ redacted