[IPk] The consultant won't respond

Hello everyone

Well, most of you know that I have been waiting to get the go-ahead for the
pump for my daughter, Danielle.  It has been over 3 weeks now and the
consultant will not reply to the Minimed nurse.  She has spoken to his
secretary and left several other messages.  Those of you who are on pumps are
aware that there needs to be a diabetes team to back up the nurse from the
pump company.

The pump nurse rang me today to inform me that she has had no replies
whatsoever and she has made an appointment to visit us on 15th July at home
initally but she will be trying to get the consultant to join the meeting if
he ever returns her calls!

On another matter, I will soon be receiving information on Denim for
Diabetes.  I don't know if any of your schools have done this sort of thing
for charity before, but Danielle's school do it every year for a nominated
charity.  They are allowed to wear what they want for one day at school and
they have to pay 50p at the door to be able to enter school without wearing
uniform.  Well, Denim for Diabetes is just the same, it's just that they must
wear denim.  I will approach the head mistress and give her the information
and hopefully will get our charity nominated this year.

Bye for now.