[IPk] human doctors

Yes Jenny
Some of us may be abrupt on occasions when really pushed or plagued by really
daft patients
like " Dr X was going to refer me to the hospital/ physiotherapist but I
haven't heard anything yet" when the patient only saw Dr X 6 days ago and Dr X
only had time to type the letter 3 days ago

I'm a doctor who sometimes gets annoyed with really silly patients but also
gets annoyed with other doctors when they need a bit of a reality check

I find it hard to believe that someone would mouth off at someone in such an
unsubtle way about a disease that is as life altering as DM, however stressed
they were
Unless perhaps they were deliberately omitting insulin/ overdosing on a
regular basis/ eating crap all the time or smoking and not even considering
I think you were talking about a test called fructosamine , and I understand
this is the percentage of another protein ( ? albumen) which becomes
glycosylated. It is cheaper than A1c and only reflects glycaemic control over
the past 3 weeks. 500 is high ( I think normal is around 200), but she let rip
without even bothering to explore why: had you had an infection, what regimen
were you on, did you need some dietary input/ had you developped a phobia of
hypos etc