Re: [IPk] HbA1c at home, anyone?

I rather think the list programme strips the attachments out ...

There are pictures on the www.metrika.com site - which I just went to -
no link to the UK distributor from it.

I am is seriously interested in hba1cs at will!  I'm guessing that, the
usual conversion factor will work in translating between $ and # - that
is, strike out the $ and replace with a # ...

Best wishes,

In message <000501c219fa$061edec0$email @ redacted>, Tony O'Sullivan
<email @ redacted> writes
>Another of my latest US discoveries.
>HbA1c testing is getting easier all the time. There are now 2 meters
>available, and although expensive they are not out of reach of GP or
>hospital clinics.
>However, in SF I came across what I consider is a real breakthrough for all
>of us who worry endlessly about HbA1c testing. It's like the cartridge for
>one of the meters, but with display electronics built in.
>I'm trying to attach an image, but it's 445 kb which I think is too big for
>e-mail, anyone advise me on that?
>Anyway the test is around matchbox size, and sells for $ 9.50 a test. You do
>the test, it displays the result, then throw it away. I know this will sell
>well here. In the US a prescription is required, but I hope that will not be
>necessary here, although it might mean even less cost, I'd rather see
>everyone have free access to the test.
>The company have a UK agent, whose details I have mislaid among my washing.
>The manufacturer's website is www.metrika.com

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)