[IPk] HbA1c at home, anyone?

Another of my latest US discoveries.

HbA1c testing is getting easier all the time. There are now 2 meters
available, and although expensive they are not out of reach of GP or
hospital clinics.

However, in SF I came across what I consider is a real breakthrough for all
of us who worry endlessly about HbA1c testing. It's like the cartridge for
one of the meters, but with display electronics built in.

I'm trying to attach an image, but it's 445 kb which I think is too big for
e-mail, anyone advise me on that?

Anyway the test is around matchbox size, and sells for $ 9.50 a test. You do
the test, it displays the result, then throw it away. I know this will sell
well here. In the US a prescription is required, but I hope that will not be
necessary here, although it might mean even less cost, I'd rather see
everyone have free access to the test.

The company have a UK agent, whose details I have mislaid among my washing.
The manufacturer's website is www.metrika.com