[IPk] dring and hypos

Wendy
Did you mean a blood glucose of 8.6 or 18.6?
what type of clinic do you go to and in which country?
Is it a GP or a hospital clinic?
To my mind a random BG of 8.6 shows excellent control. Or perhaps this is
wrong as a random BG is not a good indicator of control
Are you on MDI or a pump?
Even on a pump my BG can shoot up to 16 on some mornings post brekky. On other
mornings it's perfect
Why don't you have a polite word with your doctor who clearly is unsafe to
practice as regards insulin therapy as he / she doesn't recognise the danger
of overinsulinisation and driving.Suggest that they come to visit you at home
so you can safely run BG on the verge of a hypo. If you hypo and cause an
accident it's you that will be charged not them ifthey do not appreciate the
danger of driving and hypo and think you can always have a BG of 4-6 or
whatever they are in cloud cuckoo land. If you hypo regularly and fit will
they be contented then or will they acuse you of not running your diabetes
properly?
God forbid I ever had to attend their clinic
( even on a pump I still panic on long journeys and motorways and aim for 8-10
but cn hit 18 due to conservative bolusing/ extra carb and stress)