Re: [IPk] lifestyle

In message <000e01c2188a$ed97d7a0$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>What they mean by a " normal existence" isn't one at all

I think part of the problem is the problem we see in the diet sheets -
the 'normal' that the medical staff play to is 'normal' thirty or sixty
years ago.  So, for example, they expect children to walk or take a bus
to a nearby school, where there is a 'healthy' mid-day meal, and staff
who have all the time in the world to learn about the needs of each
child.  Then, we go to a job for life, with regular hours, and little
stress.  We exercise _regularly_ same amount, same time each day (i.e.
we walk or cycle to work).  We eat breakfast at the same time, lunch is
in a staff canteen which offers healthy food, at the same time, and
after walking or cycling home, we eat the same dinner. The evening is
spent, after doing the ironing or feeding the chickens, with a relaxing
hobby (listening to big band music on the radio while rag-rugging or
making a cane seat stool). We go to bed at the same time each evening
(after the news), and always have sex.  Always the same kind of sex -
never more or less energetic!

The lie in 'diabetics can lead a normal lifestyle' is that they forget
to stress that it is A normal lifestyle, not ANY normal lifestyle.

Best wishes to all, whatever your lifestyles

dm 30+, 508 1+,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)