Re: HYPOS and seizures WASRe: [IPk] Constant highs

> Hello Michael
>
> I got severely told off by Danielle's consultant for giving her the
> gel glucose by rubbing it into her cheek and gums.  He said that if
> she wasn't conscious (aware of what I was doing or asking her to do)
> then I was putting her life in danger.

He's concerned, and rightly so, that she may aspirate the gel. It's a
tough choice to make as to whether to use gluagon or try the gel
first. I'm not making a recommendation, just relating to you what
I've done. Our endo was satisfied and cautioned to make sure that
Lily's gag reflex was working -- I did check that first. You would
not want to use a lot of the gel in any event because any liquid or
semi liquid can easily be aspirated. Even for someone semi-concious.

Michael