Re: HYPOS and seizures WASRe: [IPk] Constant highs

>Honey is not a particularly good choice. It contains complex sugars
>that must be digested rather then glucose which is absorbed by mucous
>membranes directly. A far better choice is glucose gel which has a
>consistancy similar to honey.

Hi Michael,

It's interesting you say this about glucose absorption - we had a thread
about this last month. In Ragnar Hanas' book, he states glucose is not
absorbed through mucous membranes and references a 1978 study. No on on
IP-UK came up with a reference contradicting this. Do you have more up to
date information?

Grain is the enemy of the sedentary classes.