Re: HYPOS and seizures WASRe: [IPk] Constant highs

> Hello Michael
> By glucose gel, do you mean Hypostop?

Probabyl, I'm not familiar with all the brand names -- there are
many. Basically the stuff is the consistency of the lubricant jelly
used by docs for rectal and vaginal examines and is made up of mostly
pure glucose. It is marketed here under a variety of names but always
says "glucose" somewhere on the label. In most cases if the person
you use it on has a functioning gag reflex, the usually will not
aspirate it which is the risk any time you give something by mouth to
an unconscious person. Rubbing the stuff all over the inside of the
mouth and on the gums -- basically making a hugh mess :-)
pretty much has done the job when I've had to use it on Lily. A lot
of it ended up on her face, hair, pillow, etc.... but brought her
around eyes open, sitting up in about 10 minutes. She needed about
another 20 - 30 minutes to really get lucid but was able to eat
glucose tabs in the mean time. Only had to do it once. I figured if
that didn't work, I could whack her with a glucagon shot. Our doc
said it was a good choice with less side effects in the long run.
Gluagon can make you feel pretty lousy as I understand it and leaves
no cushion for another low since the liver is then depleted.