Re: HYPOS and seizures WASRe: [IPk] Constant highs

> Hello Tony
> I think that's a great story and you have also included some hopes
> for concerns I had.  What do you mean, intravenous glucose is
> available from GP?  Do you mean that parents can give this to their
> children or do you mean the GP can set it up?

Our endo was very specific about this. Oral glucose can be given more
quickly and in much large quantity the IV glucose. IV glucose damages
the blood vessels and the amount run in an IV has to be carefully
monitored. Damage to blood vessels is one of the reasons it is so
difficult to nourish a person IV that is unable to take food in the
normal fashion.