[IPk] Legal Principles

Here's an interesting subject to argue on. In addition to my legal quals I am doing some criminal studies.  Today we had an interesting discussion on defences used if you commit a crime whilst suffering from hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.

If you commit a crime whilst suffering from hyperglycemia you may have a defence because you are suffering from a disease of the mind which is caused by an internal thing.  However if you are suffering from hypoglycemia you will not have a defence because it is caused by an external factor i.e from the injecting of Insulin.  So at the end of the day hypo is a mitigation not a defence.  British Justice :)  Who'd be without it!!!!!!!!