Re: [IPk] lifestyle

Hi Abigail
Yes, I quite agree.  They suggested I give up all sport, eat all my meals regularly
etc etc until I got my BGs under control, and then I could gradually add back
the sport etc. I refused point blank, as that would have just been completely
pointless (and there was no way I was going to give up sport for an unknown
period of weeks / months  - during which time the lack of exercise would have
made my control worse anyway!)
Admittedly, a good proportion of my highs and lows come from sport, even
these days, but then a good proportion of my life is taken up with sport! And
my control is definitely worse overall if I don't exercise. As is my general
health, energy levels and mood!

I was always deemed "non-compliant". Admittedly I was non-compliant during my
teens as I didn't test and ate what I wanted, but i think it's very unfair to
be called non-compliant when you are trying to fit your diabetes control
around your life rather than your life around your diabetes. Non-compliant is
when you don't try to fit your diabetes control around anything!