[IPk] lifestyle

Hi Diana
This is gross hypocrisy since sport is supposed to be good for you!!!
What they mean by a " normal existence" isn't one at all
I'ts absolutely dreadful that you were expected to choose between delaying
further complications or your life ( as dancing  sport etc is obviously a very
big part of your life)

I was getting to the stage of "should I give up my career" as then I wouldn't
need to be fit to drive, fit to deal with patients and it wouldn't matter if I
had 2 or 3 hypos everyday and gradually lost my warnings and I could have an
A1c in the mid 8s instead of the mid 9s and perhaps delay complications a
little more as long as I was prepared to collapse on a regular basis, have no
life, no money etc.
I'm sure my GP ( bless his heart) would have been astounded if I had suggested
he put me on the long term sick when he stated that surely my poor glycaemic
control was a result of my lifestyle Actually my control would probably have
deteriorated even further as I would have thought " what's the point" and
neglected myself completely
But when someone is showing enough concern to confide in a professional that
they are woried about poor control, this should never be labelled entirely as
non compliance ( mis compliance perhaps as this has a slightly different
meaing ie inadequate knowledge, and diabetes education is often very poor)