Re: [IPk] D-Tron

Hi Karen
I too am registered blind (everything to do with diabetes!) and I have a
Minimed 508. Checking for bubbles is one of the things I have most problems
with, as it's very hard for me to see them in the reservoir (and impossible
for me to see them in the tubing). But when I got my first pump the
pre-filled cartridges didn't exist so I didn't have that choice. I usually
prefill my reservoirs and leave them sitting for a day or so before I use
them, and then check them with a magnifier before I load them. Though these
days I'm getting pretty good at filling the pump without getting any bubbles.
I guess if you have sight problems that might swing the balance a little in
favour of the D-Tron for that reason, but it's not an unsurmountable obstacle
(I prefer the Minimed for other reasons).