Re: [IPk] lifestyle

Hi Abigail
Yes, I was always told that my unstable BGs (pre-pump) were a result of my
unsuitable lifestyle and that if I were to eat the same amounts of things at
the same times and give up sport then my control would be fine. In other
words, the problem was due to my own causing and it wasn't up to them to find
a way round it. Hah!!!!
Admittedly, an unpredictable lifestyle doesn't make DM control any easier,
especially on MDI, but the solution is to find a way of controlling the DM
that takes this into account! Which in many cases will be the pump. I can't
think of many cases where a lifestyle would be unsuitable for the pump,
except someone who doesn't test or carb count or is not willing to spend any
time on their pump and their DM! The infamous alcoholic who died in one of
the early pump trials in Sheffield is a good example of an unsuitable
lifestyle for a pump (or DM)! But that's about it.