Re: [IPk] Re: hypos and seizures (Pineapple)

Hi Caroline

Ask your friend if this person at the Pineapple dance class had dark
hair, specs and a green MM508.  That would be me...  I was there on
Monday evening.  It was a hot, sweaty old day and the tape on my site was
peeling and making me itch, so I was fiddling with it all through the

>From: Caroline Jane Batistoni <email @ redacted>

>Subject: [IPk] Re: hypos and seizures >Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:02:53
+0100 > >Hi Di > >Adults are apparently less prone to seizures because
they have a higher >"seizure threshold" than children. "Seizure
threshold" is not a >measureable value, more of a concept - if you gave
two people >seizure-inducing drugs, it would take different doses to
provoke >seizures, the higher the dose, the higher the threshold. This is
also >the reason many children have febrile convulsions (i.e seizures
with >high temperature) but this is rare in adults. > >I tend to be prone
to seizures with hypos, but I know that I have a low >seizure threshold
as I have epilepsy. > >To completely change the subject, I know that you
dance a lot, but I >cannot remember where abouts in the country you are
from. I was >wondering if you dance at the Pineapple studios in Covent
Garden. One >of my friends was very enthusiastically telling me today
about a dancer >she saw there last night who had an insulin pump just
like mine. You >sprang to mind!! > >Caroline >-------------------------